Mount Pleasant West
MOUNT PLEASANT WEST
The proximity to the business district of Vancouver and the availability of a quality water supply (Brewery Creek) made the area an ideal place for early industry and settlement. Early expectations were that Mount Pleasant would develop as Vancouver's fashionable "uptown." The area high above False Creek was named "Mount Pleasant" in 1888, after the Irish birthplace of the wife of H.V. Edmonds. Edmonds, clerk of the municipal council in New Westminster, was the original owner of much of Mount Pleasant.
With it's close proximity to Shopping, Downtown Vancouver, public transportation and educational institutions, this area has become the most desired to live in outside of downtown Vancouver.